Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Multi-Task Training Sessions

A training session doesn't always need to be a structured event that happens around specific exercises. With a little creativity, you can make some of your everyday activities into training sessions by simply applying an addtional purpose.

For example: I needed to get the cars washed today and didn't have time to fit in my energy system training and wash the cars before my appointements for the day. So, I decided that if I put on a weighted vest and washed the cars as normal, I could get both things done at once. Wow! What a huge difference taking care of a normal task with an extra 30 pounds on my body. It felt great to be burning some extra calories and getting work done at the same time.

Look around. Could a few extra trips up and down the stairs make a difference? How about walking to the grocery store?

Get a little more involved in playing with your kids, that's an easy way to get the heart rate up.

Walking through the mall? Throw on a back pack with some heavy items in it.

Carry your golf bag around the course today, instead of using the cart. Add a squat each time you need to pick up your ball.

Be creative, move a little more, just have fun with it and be proud that you have taken definite steps toward better fitness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home